Friday, May 13, 2011

Emily...It's Love

So, I've been wanting to blog/reflect about the past school year as it has recently wrapped up but obviously that hasn't happened yet and now I'm rambling....Anyways, I came across this song by Francesca Battistelli called "Emily (It's Love)" the other day and just had to listen to it simply because of its name.

Well, lo and behold it does a fairly good job of summing up past few months for me...funny how songs can be so spot on about your life sometimes! (About this, check out another post about this by Sara :))

This song is one of hope, that although things may be not going so great right now, in time things will turn around because of God's love for you. Why you? Why does God love you? I've asked myself that plenty of times...see previous post. Well, as Franny says "It's humbling. All of this done for you. It's love..." God's love is so humbling, I believe that is because it is given so freely and we can only hope and pray that one day we will be able to love as unconditionally as God does. Seeing how God loves so perfectly reveals how imperfect even our best attempt at true love is. Ouch. Eh. I think I just scraped my knees falling to the ground. It's humbling, always has been and always will be.

And "If you feel you've had enough. He's never given up." Ever felt discouraged, that there is no way you could accomplish something or overcome an obstacle? Have you given up on God because of this? Doubted His power or strength? Even if you have given up on Him, He has and will NEVER give up on you. Why? IT'S LOVE....ever humbling love.

It's Love. Believe it. Accept it. Live it. Give it.

2 comments:

  1. Love the song! Wonderful words, dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha...love you!
    You can totally tell we're friends.
    Great post, thanks for sharing.
    Have a blessed time in the Super-natural!

    ReplyDelete